Enjoy Barmen live!
When? 18th to 21st May 2023
Where? Central Wuppertal - Barmen
Barmen live is a traditional city festival in downtown Barmen, a district of Wuppertal, and is taking place for the 35th time in 2023.
Barmen live is a combination of folk festival and music festival. This is what awaits you:
- Huge folk festival atmosphere at the Alter Markt (market)
- Party mood on Johannes-Rau-Platz with a varied stage program for all party enthusiasts from young to old!
- A food-court on the Geschwister-Scholl-Platz to linger and enjoy the gastronomic offer.
- Gourmet mile with snacks for in between and Lifestyle-Markt (market) to discover and browse by a walk through pedestrian zone on the Werth.
- Onviously, we did think about children´s entertainment. Therefore, we have arranged some attractions such as carousels, a bouncy castle, rodeo riding, bungee trampolin jumping, duck fishing and many other funny attractions.
Barmen live is popular in all generations and has a catchment area far beyond Wuppertal and the Bergisches Land. More than 250,000 visitors are expected once again this year!
With over 360,000 inhabitants, Wuppertal is the 17th largest city in Germany and also one of the most diverse. Wuppertal, the big city in the middle of the countryside is the economic and cultural center of the Bergisches Land. The university town offers a wide range of cultural activities, good shopping opportunities and a high level of leisure time. Some highlights of the sights are the Zoological Garden, the Pina Bausch Dance Theatre, the Von der Heydt Museum and the suspension railway.